It has been a long few days, but I have made it home! We left Avignon (near the village where we were the past two weeks) at 6:30 AM. This meant an early morning. The shuttles left the villa at 5:15AM...you do the math. It is about a 3 hour train ride to the airport from Avignon. I slept most of the time. By that, I mean dozed which is a new term while on vacation. At the airport, we said our goodbye's to the students. Maggie, Reed, Sabrina and I went to check in which takes a LONG time. It was much like waiting in line at Disneyland, but no scary ride at the end. Anyway, after making it through the ticketing line, the baggage line, the passport line, the security line we had lunch (another line). After waiting about an hour we got in the check in line.
The 8+ hour flight went well. It felt like 8 hours. Sabrina sat adjacent to me and Maggie and Reed were in front of us. I watched a movie, ate parts of the meal provided, listened to music, and dozed. (I might have even slept for an hour or so). Once in Detroit, we had another meal. At this point, I am not sure what I would call it...lunch or dinner. I guess it doesn't matter. We took Sabrina to her gate (she went to Colorado) and shortly there after, boarded our plane to Seattle. Now this time, we ALL slept. We were out of it. Finally, shortly before 10PM we landed and did the usual waiting to get off the plane and waiting for luggage.
Richard picked me up and wanted details from when he left France. This was rather fun since he knew the students and their personalities. We went to grab a bite to eat even though I didn't feel great because of pure exhaustion, but it was the right choice. I came home to a clean house, a bed that was made, a pillow that felt great, a mattress that had some substance, and blankies tucked under the covers. Ahhh.. that is what I call a good night.
Today (Sunday) even though my watch says Monday (France time), I was able to sleep in until 8ish which was not enough. I went back to bed around noon for a "nap" and ended up sleeping until 5. There was no dozing, just pure sleep. The good news is that I have a few days to recover and hopefully I will be back to feeling normal. Whatever that means.
Home, Sweet Home.
Sunday, August 8, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment