Thursday, July 17, 2008

Slippery Slope Down....

First of all we have to apologize for not updating as often as we had hoped. We are still having a blast, but feeling anxious about having to leave on Saturday. Maggie will continue her adventure and I will be on my way home to Washington.

Here are a few highlights:
  • We have bugged a local artist since the day we came to town and each day we check back with her in hopes of finding the perfect piece. Today, we uncovered some local gossip. She is married to another shop owner that we visit frequently. Maggie descretely asked him if they were dating. It went like this "Are you her boyfriend?" After fishing for more details and breaking language barrier, he is actually MARRIED to her! They just got married and we congratulated him over and over....and I got a free poster!
  • Maggie is feeling her "regular age." I tuck her in about midnight and then proceed to venture out with the students to the local establishments. I am tuckered out, but am having a blast with everyone and know I can rest once I get home. (kinda)
  • Our daily gorcery store runs are getting more smooth. We know where most items are and have even ventured in to the meat department looking for poultry like food. If it looks like chicken, it's probably not. We eat it before we dwell on it too much.
  • Yesterday I went with three students to the D Day beaches. We spent the entire day traveling and stopping to admire the sights. Maggie spent the day bugging the artist. (See above)
  • Only a few days left of cooking (for me).
  • Karaoke TONIGHT! aka dance party!

Hope all is well....

Love,

Maggie and April

No comments: